Friday 12 January 2018

Jeremy's 33rd Birthday in Prison as an innocent man




Another birthday has almost arrived, my 33rd in prison, all because Essex Police, the Forensic Science Service (as once was) and many others chose the non-disclosure of thousands of pieces of case evidence in order to mount a prosecution for murder against me. But, it’s my birthday so I’m not going to talk any more about that here today. You will know that I absolutely love bite sized nuggets of wisdom. 

During the last year friends have sent to me a large number of these wise words and so I thought I would share a few with you.

“A bird does not sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song.” Chinese proverb

“Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it.” Confucius

A great one from Mark Twain:
“Courage is not the absence of fear, it is acting in spite of it.”

And appropriately with the non-disclosure of the case evidence issues with some quotes from Arthur Conan Doyle/Sherlock Holmes:
“It is a capital mistake to theorise before one has all the data.”

Which connects well to:
“When you have eliminated all of the possibilities, the remaining, however improbable must be the truth.”

Which then connects well to:
“It must be confessed that circumstantial evidence can never be absolutely convincing, and that it is only the critical student of such cases who realises how often a damning chain of evidence may, by some slight change, be made to bear an entirely different interpretation.”

This year I am hoping for the best birthday present ever, confirmation from my legal team that we now have more than enough evidence for a successful appeal court hearing. Thank you for being patient over the last year, we have all worked really, really hard as a team to uncover brand new evidence. The final pieces of the jigsaw fell into place just a week before Christmas, which brought a smile to my face.

Now I can relax a little and my New Year’s resolution is to respond to all of the letters that I am sent as quickly as possible within days not weeks or months.

Thank you again

Jeremy.

Jeremy Bamber

Jeremy Bamber
Innocent Jeremy Bamber